Do I See a Dentist or Orthodontist for a Chipped Tooth?

Dentists are responsible for providing regular oral maintenance, such as dental cleanings and exams, to ensure that their patients' mouths and teeth are healthy. They can also provide restorative dentistry treatments to solve problems, such as tooth decay and chipped teeth. If you ever need treatment for a crooked denture or a problem affecting your bite, your dentist will refer you to an orthodontist. If your tooth is broken, chipped, or fractured, it is important to see your dentist as soon as possible to prevent further damage or infection. An orthodontist is a dental specialist who can diagnose, prevent, and treat problems that affect the alignment of the teeth.

If you have a severe overbite, an underbite, or crooked teeth, you'll need to see an orthodontist for help. Orthodontists can use different types of tools and appliances to straighten their teeth. Often, they recommend metal orthodontic appliances, clear aligning trays, or retainers that gradually move the teeth into the desired positions. Your dentist can diagnose and treat dental pain, tooth decay, and tooth repair and extraction. If you have broken or broken teeth, don't hesitate to see your local dentist right away.

Through regular checkups, dentists can detect and treat cavities, minor gum disease, and oral hygiene problems. Qualified dentists include the letters DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) or DMD (Doctor of Dentistry or Doctor of Dental Medicine) after their names. If you have been given an orthodontic appliance and it needs to be repaired, your orthodontist can help. After finishing their dental studies and taking the certification exam, orthodontists attend an orthodontic residency program for two or three more years to obtain a specialized certification in orthodontics. Doctors who study general dentistry are trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the gums, teeth, tongue, and mouth. In practice, this means that orthodontists offer treatments to correct crowded teeth, gaps between teeth, teeth that stick out, and jaws that don't align properly.

Certified orthodontists are trained to diagnose and treat oral health conditions of the teeth, gums, and mouth. If a dental chip or break is large enough to expose the pulp (the center of the tooth that contains nerves and blood vessels), bacteria from the mouth can enter and infect the pulp. So if you need dental treatment, should you call an orthodontist or a dentist? If you have a toothache or suspect you may have a cavity, it is best to see your general dentist for a diagnosis. For the past two years, dentists have been working with patients under the supervision of an accredited dental school.

Alexa Bouchard
Alexa Bouchard

Incurable tvaholic. Certified music trailblazer. Unapologetic internet evangelist. Total coffee trailblazer. Passionate coffee maven.

Leave a Comment

All fileds with * are required